To provide aid and relief assistance through projects of community development and education to those in need both nationally and internationally through collaboration with local communities to empower self-sustainability.
To make a difference in the lives of people in need by extending a helping hand to those who are reaching out for help.
Update (June 2019):
Gordon Rohn, Board member and founder of Global HelpNet pass away in June 2019. Without his vision, tireless energy and commitment to improving the lives of people less fortunate, Global HelpNet would not exist today. The Board of Global HelpNet will endeavor to continue the work he begun and expand our reach in helping others globally.
2 New Global Programs for 2019
- Education and Skills training in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (formerly Zaire)
- Tsunami relief in Lampung, Sumatra, Indonesia
Our Existing Global Programs
Overall educational program
* Indonesia – Educational Programs
* Continue to provide teacher-training courses for Indonesian teachers who teach English through the annual TESOL program.
* Develop an intensive TESOL or ESL certification program for Indonesian teachers.
* Scholarship assistance for students and/or teachers for undergraduate and graduate programs
Cinta Baca Library – Bogor (Education)
* Continue to assist in the development of children’s programs
* Continue training of staff to develop and implement children’s programs
* Provide volunteers for specialty programs such as English Day, Cinta Baca English Club, Summer Camp, etc.
* Assist in developing English Resource Center
* Provide books in English – non-fiction, fiction, ESL
* Assist with literacy and tutoring programs
* Provide funding for operational expenses and library books
* Provide scholarship assistance for poor students
Cinta Baca Library – National (Community Development)
* Provide teams of workers to help rebuild schoolrooms in disrepair
* Provide funding to establish Reading Post libraries in villages to develop a love of reading and to promote family reading programs
* Provide funding for books for the Cinta Baca Libraries around Indonesia, including Reading Post libraries
* Help the libraries provide scholarships for local teachers to attend the TESOL teacher-training workshops
* Explore the possibility of providing corporate sponsorship of individual libraries
Southern Kalimantan – Borneo
* Living Waters Water Project – harvesting (build water tanks) and wastewater treatment (build septic tanks) in villages to reduce deaths caused by waterborne diseases.
Surabaya – urban
* Literacy, education and small business development
Timor – rural
* Literacy, education and teacher training
* Living Waters project : Humanitarian aid to homeless
* Shelter/accommodation for homeless, especially homeless children.
* Humanitarian aid, shelter and education to woman as risk
* Refugee Assistance
* ESL Classes for Refugees to learn English for further education, jobs, and citizenship.