To provide aid and relief assistance through projects of community development and education to those in need both nationally and internationally through collaboration with local communities to empower self-sustainability.
To make a difference in the lives of people in need by extending a helping hand to those who are reaching out for help.
2 New Global Programs for 2019
- Education and Skills training in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (formerly Zaire)
- Tsunami relief in Lampung, Sumatra, Indonesia
Watch this space for more details this week.
Our Existing Global Programs
Overall educational program
* Indonesia – Educational Programs
* Continue to provide teacher-training courses for Indonesian teachers who teach English through the annual TESOL program.
* Develop an intensive TESOL or ESL certification program for Indonesian teachers.
* Scholarship assistance for students and/or teachers for undergraduate and graduate programs
Cinta Baca Library – Bogor (Education)
* Continue to assist in the development of children’s programs
* Continue training of staff to develop and implement children’s programs
* Provide volunteers for specialty programs such as English Day, Cinta Baca English Club, Summer Camp, etc.
* Assist in developing English Resource Center
* Provide books in English – non-fiction, fiction, ESL
* Assist with literacy and tutoring programs
* Provide funding for operational expenses and library books
* Provide scholarship assistance for poor students
Cinta Baca Library – National (Community Development)
* Provide teams of workers to help rebuild schoolrooms in disrepair
* Provide funding to establish Reading Post libraries in villages to develop a love of reading and to promote family reading programs
* Provide funding for books for the Cinta Baca Libraries around Indonesia, including Reading Post libraries
* Help the libraries provide scholarships for local teachers to attend the TESOL teacher-training workshops
* Explore the possibility of providing corporate sponsorship of individual libraries
Southern Kalimantan – Borneo
* Living Waters Water Project – harvesting (build water tanks) and wastewater treatment (build septic tanks) in villages to reduce deaths caused by waterborne diseases.
Surabaya – urban
* Literacy, education and small business development
Timor – rural
* Literacy, education and teacher training
* Living Waters project : Humanitarian aid to homeless
* Shelter/accommodation for homeless, especially homeless children.
* Humanitarian aid, shelter and education to woman as risk
* Refugee Assistance
* ESL Classes for Refugees to learn English for further education, jobs, and citizenship.